Tuesday, October 3, 2017

R-E-S-P-E-C-T


We have been talking about respect at Carpenter Hill.  What does it look like and sound like?  Each morning on our announcements we say the Carpenter Hill Pledge.  It is as follows:

I am a Carpenter Hill Colt
I will respect myself, others and property
I will strive for my personal best everyday

We have been sharing the importance of what those words mean.  We are encouraging students to mean what they say when they say these words each day.  It is a collective effort to reinforce manners and respect.

Unfortunately we have needed to address some ways in which our students are showing disrespect to our school property.  Partner with us as we continue providing examples of what it means to be respectful, what it looks like and sounds like.  We have talked about the power of words.